Thursday, June 14, 2007

WEEK #6 WEB 2.0, LIBRARY 2.0 AND THE FUTURE OF LIBRARIES

I found the articles on Library 2.0 very interesting. I thing Michael Stephens article "Into A New World of Librarianship" very interesting. He says that libraries are human because the library has become a social and emotionally engaging center for learning. It is a far cry from the days when I went to the library and was shushed..............(I just dropped a pencil, and not on purpose I may add). I think that is true whit the enormous amount of programing that goes on at all the branches. A patron can learn anything at the library. If you want to read more just click on the link. http://www.oclc.org/nextspace/002/3.htm

I also read the article "To More Powerful Ways To Cooperate" by Chip Nigles. I like his comment about using the web to reach out to the entire web-not just portions of it. We have to think of everything that the web entails. It keeps changing day to day, minute by minute, second by second! If you want to read more just click on the http://www.oclc.org/nextspace/002/4.htm.

I thing that this has raised many questions about the extent of knowledge on the Web and how we can obtain that information and that it is always going to change.

No comments: