Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Week # 9 SUMMARIZE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS PROGRAM

I really liked 23 Things. At first, it seemed overwhelming. I am glad it was broken down into steps and activities. Breaking it down into weeks also helped.

I really liked Flikr. Nadine's sister had twins and she posted the girls pictures on Flikr for us to view. They are awesome. I liked playing with my avatar-it was just like 21st century paper dolls. It took me some time to get a free avatar. Believe me, I am old enough to remember the real paper dolls from the magazines. It took me some time to get a free avatar. All the outfits that I chose cost money---but they were so pretty.

I liked the self publishing sites. This is a great way for a writer to publish his or her work without the frustration of being rejected by a publishing house.

I liked YouTube. It can say a lot about us as a people. I am on the Great Books committee and that is what we have been reading about. It was great to see Melissa Manchester. Such a blast from the past-she looks just as good then as now! I learned a lot from YouTube-such as how to open my locked car with a tennis ball (which seems to work from the podcast), but I am doubtful that the cell phone door opened really works. You could see that his daughter had something under her cell phone and took it out clicked it and then put it back behind the cell phone. Didn't anyone look at the podcast before they posted it on the internet???

I think this was a good exercise because it broaded my horizons as to what is out there on the Internet. I can really see why people are spending hours and hours and hours on the Web. Some of the podcasts were really interesting and some were just so dumb.

I amazed my kids with my blog. I think they are in culture shock because their Mom has a blog.

I thing it would of been beneficial to have some training on the different categories before we tried it on our own. I also found out when trying to work on one activity for 4 hours (using different computers) that only certain computers in the branch could be used for certain activities. It is really frustrating for me not be a productive as I would like to be.

I would participate in the future if another course was offered and I had my supervisor's permission.

I think this was a good learning process that expanded my horizons into the world that is known on the Internet.

No comments: